Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 25. tammikuuta 2009

Journey with the Civil War Diary Quilt Begins

Jan. 25, 1863. Rebecca Lorraine Richmond wrote in her diary:

Yesterday Mr. Pierce received a telegram from George saying, Tom at the Hurricane Hospital, shall I send him home?

Here is my block 92. Telegram from Rosemary Young's book, The Civil War Diary Quilt. I purchased this book about year ago and since that I have bought some ciwil war or reproduction fabrics... Earlier I have sewed only one block, but I think I'm going to redo it...

So my true Journey with CWD begins today.... (with this block - I send warm hugs and greetings to Elin;))) Thank you for all inspiration!!!)

I have thought a sewing order of the blocks... Is it possible to make it more interesting with the way you choose your blocks? I think I have discovered it now... the way which is all right for me... I'll sew the block by the date... because today is Jan. 25... I chosed the block with the diary mark at the same date... (Does it sound too complicated???) But I'm going to sew only 2 or 3 block in the month... and there seems to be more than three markings in February...

By this method my CWD might be a true WISP;)))))




This week blocks....

at the left Baby Janes:
Fan Dance
Widow's Pane














on the right SBS:
Silver and Gold


Oh, nearly the midnight--- Sandman should come soon.....

1 kommentti:

Elin kirjoitti...

This is so fun!! Now we are making the same quilts: SBS, DJ, CWD, Angel, Noah's Arch....more?
So you choose by date, yes, why not? I hadn't thought about that, I try to make them cronologically, I really don't know how it will turn out.I suppose you are aware of the Yahoo group, there are a lot of tutorials, and there you'll meet the author herself.
I wish you the best of luck with these blocks!