Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 8. lokakuuta 2009

Hiring Help with Some Bartering


October 8, 1862 Mary Austin Adelia Wallace wrote in her diary

My folks and myself went to the fair to Coldwater. Mr. Kyes paid $.15 for me to go in the tent and see the trick pony as they all went in. He said he would pay but I might pay him sometime when I got home. Pa borrowed one dollar of me. (quote from Rosemary Youngs' Civil War Diary Quilt book)

Mary's diary entries are usually short and she liked to write about her chores (Do you still remember block 104. Everyday Chores?), like cutting the corn, getting wood, taking care of the farm animals and writing down the amount of money paid for purchases.

This time I picked up following fabrics:
light lavender is again Quilt Gate's Mary Rose Coll., pink is - again;) - Paula Barnes' Bonnie Blue Basics and dark lilac is Nancy Gere's Civil War VI Coll.

Next time we will meet Mary again.
Then I'll sew block 110.

2 kommenttia:

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Lovely colors. Great combination!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Satu...very nice...check your email...hugs Nana