Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 7. joulukuuta 2009

Southern Notes

December 8, 1861. Eldress Nancy Elly Moore wrote this note in her diary

(text copied from Rosemary Youngs' Civil War Diary Quilt book

... and here it's the beginning of the last CWD block in this year


Fabrics are

green: Lecien's Mrs March's Coll.

pink: Paula Barnes' Bonnie Blue Basics

cream: Quilt Gate's Mary Rose Coll.






Block 16. Southern Notes is finished

It was quite easy, perhaps TOO easy...

because there is some bulky in the middle and I should have been more careful with the seams...


I began my CWD quilt in the end of January 2009 and until now I have sewed 35 of 121 blocks.

Hmm... with this pace it will be finished in 2012!
Maybe I'll try to sew more blocks during 2010... 2012 feels so distant...

I have planned to sew next block on the 1st of January. It is block number 29 named Remembrances,

but before it there is so many Christmas projects...;))

2 kommenttia:

Penny kirjoitti...

Happy Christmas from Australia. Your CWD blocks are looking great.

Robin kirjoitti...

LOL! I know what you mean about the Christmas sewing! I can't believe I only have two weeks left. Eeep! :)

Beautiful block! Your progress chart looks just wonderful.