Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 18. syyskuuta 2010

CWD: Premium Prize

September 18, 1863. 15 years old Cora Owens Hume wrote in her diary

--- It was very cold all day. I went to school and then went to the fair. Miss Lucy, Nellie and C. came home with me. They all stayed all night and we all went to the fair all day to-day. (I was seeing how often I could use all in my sentences.)---

--- There was a premium of a $50 set of furs offered by Prather ans Smith, for the best 5 lbs. of butter and Mrs. Cris Cary got it. The butter was very good, but the furs were not pretty, though a nice prize for 5 lbs. of butter.---


Today I wrote in my CWD quilt - diary

Cutting instructions of block 61. Premium Prize:

- cream: one 2"x 2" square
- lilac: two strips 2" x 1 1/4", two strips 3 1/2" x 1 1/4", and four 2" x 2" squares

And for the flying geeses

- lilac: four strips 3 1/2" x 2"
- green: eight 2" x 2" squares

I'm bit nervous, have I measured and cutted the pieces right...
and have I choosed the right fabrics...
Well, soon I'll see it!

Hmm... quite nice!
I'm glad that I didn't paperpieced this block,
although I first thought about it.


I have now sewn 52 CWD blocks. There is 121 blocks in the whole quilt. So I'm quite near the half-way.
Here you'll find all my blocks. I just scheduled the rest of the CWD -year and I'll try to make atleast seven more. I know, it's not many, but I still keep the plan: I sew the CWD block at the same day, when there is a diary note in the book.

The next date is 26th of September...
until then...

2 kommenttia:

Dolores kirjoitti...

Great combination of colours. So, you are not sewing them together as you do them?

Karen kirjoitti...

Very pretty! As long as you keep with the plan, you are doing great!