Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 12. syyskuuta 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - week 37

FOR TODAY September 12, 2010

Outside My Window... semi-cloudy, warm (15 C) Sunday. The leaves of the trees and bushes are turning to yellow-orange. The twigs of rowan are heavy with deep orange berries... I just love this season and these colours!

So I couldn't resist these yarns either...

I am thinking... Secret Santa Claus Swap. It's my first time to be in SSCS... and I'm quite anxious. What shall I create to.......

Oh, IT is TOP SECRET!!! SHHH.... Don't tell!

From the kitchen... nothing special today. I fetched pizza Americana from the KOTIPIZZA. And I'm now sipping red wine as a dessert...

I am creating... one Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block in a week.

We have now a new BOW facilitator in our SBS group. Welcome Lynda!!!!

I am going...
to spend rest of this - hopefully - sunny afternoon at the balcony with Fenix... stitching the next pieces of Gardener's Journal.

I have already finished and framed 'Dove Cote' stitchery of block F. I also received my 'prize' from Gail's giveaway. It's one of her newest designs called 'Somerhill House'. First I couldn't believe it that I HAVE WON, but it WAS simply true. And you know, I was really happy dancing;)))))
I think I'm going to spare my FQB of 'Rural Jardin' for it...


THANK YOU SO MUCH, GAIL!!!!!

One of my favorite things... are Gail's patterns. They are always so natural and beautiful. Can you imagine how happy I am...

I am hoping... to receive my first pattern of Schnibbles from Fat Quarter Shop in the next week. It's Carrie Nelson's 'Paganini'. I planned to use charm packs of 'Bliss'

I am hearing... the snoring of Fenix.

Around the house... naturally, when he is sleeping - deep silence.

I am reading... the brochure of comedy called 'Arsenikkia ja vanhoja pitsejä' (Arsenic and Old Lace written by Joseph Kesselring). I saw it yesterday evening and I must admit it was a funny play. I laughed a lot;))))

A Few Plans For The Week: yoga training, stitching rest of the stitcheries of block F of Gardener's Journal (hopefully it's finished on next weekend), updating Satu's Flower Garden, sewing one SBS and - long time since last one - Civil War Diary block and of course one more miniblock of Butterfly Garden...


I wish you all
warm and colourful week!

6 kommenttia:

Yvette kirjoitti...

Everything is wonderful! You are making me want to go in my sewing room right now. I think I will! :)

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

What a great post, Satu! Congratulations with your win!
And your projects always look so perfect.
Fenix seems like very peaceful company in the sun!
Have a lovely week.

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

PS: So, you've also started knitting.
That looks quite complicated and needs a lot of concentration, I think. xo

Elin kirjoitti...

What a nice post! I love those knitted socks. And the Gail Pan pattern, wonderful. Think I'm going to order some fabric from USA soon, and make a Scnibble, something "modern". Have got a nice book, you see!

Dolores kirjoitti...

I hope Fenix'a snoring isn't too loud that it interrupts your stitching. Gail's quilt is quite nice - congratulations on the win.

Chookyblue...... kirjoitti...

welcome to the SSCS.......I am sure you will make a beautiful gift........
happy GJ stitching too........