Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 18. joulukuuta 2010

Pieceful Friday Night Sew-in

In the beginning I planned to sew only these two project:
Butterchurn (Le Petit in November) and few star blocks from joyful Colorful Christmas fabrics
yesterday....
but you all know me... I'm such a weathervane!

First I finished Le Petit -project of December
I'm pleased that I did it on time - my first finished Le Petit;)


I sewed my Prairie Point Christmas Tree as a size of greeting card. The folded triangles are one inch squares (really petit). The whole tree is about 3 1/2"x 3 1/2". Perhaps I'll do them more in the next year... but only perhaps;)

After that I look at the fabrics and read the pattern of the next Le Petit - project; MON AMI... and there I was floating far away...
... I totally forgot my plans of Friday night sew-in...

I ordered Mon ami pattern (by Carrie Nelson) some months ago, since then it has tempted me... a LOT!
As Carrie is writing in her instructions, it was love at first sight, when I saw it.
I also wanted to use the same fabrics.
When I read the instructions further, I noticed there is 134 half-triangle squares!
Oh my!!!
But then I remembered, I have some time ago purchased the ANGLER!
Well, NOW it's the right time to learn and use it!!!
And Fenix agreed;)
although first he was all too anxious... and we had a little argue - look at his expression.

The Friday night went on...

...only two blocks made of Colorful Christmas

... and Butterchurn is still...
to be continued in the future...

Somewhere there...
- in the middle of the heat of Friday night -
I manage to nearlyfinish the case of the cellphone for my mother. Only the button is missing...

The rest of the evening I spent knitting a woollen sock, while watched the movie.

In the end it was quite pieceful night here!
Briefly...
TWO works finished;)...
oh, and three started!!! (should I shame on?)

Happy fourth ADVENT!!!!
THE C is almost here;)

2 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

You must be a little crazy, making such a small christmas tree.... but it looks really nice.
KATRIN W.

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Wow, Satu, you have been very busy! Love your small version of the PP Christmas tree! And already ready for the next Le Petite!