Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 29. tammikuuta 2011

Past Week Had It's Moments...


Good evening my dear friends...
and
welcome to share moments of our past week!!!
And if you have time to read this posting till the end, you'll find out
what happened to 'Mon ami'.
Is it A DISASTER or...???


Can you believe, I found my both Dear Janes last weekend...
and sewed these blocks!
I must now express myself---- WOW!!!!
I think the biggest THANK YOUs goes to...

IRMA - she has lately struggled with her babyJanes. And I think she is doing very well, although she is considering to giveup. But the seeing of her beautiful blocks gave me THE inspiration.

ROBIN - she pieced her GORGEOUS green babyJanes together and it looks AMAZING. THAT gave me MORE inspiration. I have now 126 blocks of 169!!!

ANINA - tutor of myDJ journey, is also piecing her DJ top... Oh, a LOT of more inspiration!

KAREN - I have ADMIRED her talent to use print fabrics in her DJ -blocks, especially her fussy cuts are sometimes ADORABLE! So I also decided to try that... in one block for BlueJane. Hm... NICE;)

One of my struggles was these Barbara's Civil War blocks. I considered long about 7 Sisters block. Shall I do it or not? Then I got the idea! The design would be perfect for my Christmas related colours - red/tan/brown - and here in Finland we have 7 Brothers, which is book written by Aleksis Kivi. That book is the first significant novel in Finnish language. So no hesitation anymore... let's just sew it, Satu! If you noticed, I pieced the background for it. But the real struggle was appliqueing those stars and THOSE sharpen points! It took the whole Tuesday evening and I admit it wasn't a success... and I won't do it again... atleast in a near future... atleast not as a needleturn applique! TG, it's over...

After such exhausted evening...

it was relaxing
to applique some easy pieces for block 1 of 'The Night before Christmas'
and
to walk and enjoy these winterscenes at the Langinkoski. It's one of the historic places here in Kotka. It's famous, because there Alexander III of Russia had a log house built between the branches of the Kymi river. The log house is now a museum. You'll find more info here
or here.

and after relaxing day...
I had energy to sew BOW for SBS
G-8 Crown of Thorns.
(there is also last week BOW)

ARE YOU STILL with me??? Hopefully you are not bored...

Moments of Thursday and
Tadaa!!!!!!
on Friday evening...

Wait, I won't show you IT yet...

... although we hop over Friday to Saturday.
And finish one more block for Cheryl's 1880's Sampler quilt.
I choosed fabrics of J. Hendricksen's Miniatures range, but something disturbs me on colours... Maybe I did a wrong choice, when I picked up that particular pink for the background...
Luckily I have THE experienced assistant;)

Ok, I won't tease you anymore... but I'm showing you...

'MON AMI'

Yes;) it's not a alley of broken dreams, but REAL mon ami;)
It fits perfectly for the summertable!!!
...so after all...
this quilttale has happy ending!

I'm glad that you shared my story...
AND
we wish you all happy sunday!!!

9 kommenttia:

Chookyblue...... kirjoitti...

Mon Ami is beautiful........

Hennie kirjoitti...

It's a beautyful mon ami!!!
We wisch you a verry nice Sunday, too!!
Hugs, Hennie

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Oh my goodness, have you had a busy week! I am happy you are continuing on Dear Jane, you got so many blocks made already, it would be a shame to leave them in the corner!
You are working on so many beautiful projects at the same time I can´t say which one I like best, but I fell in love with the christmas mouse applique and the little round stitchery. And of course I like Mon Ami a lot too!
Good work!
Hugs
KATRIN W.

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

So many beautiful blocks, stitcheries and other work.
Your Mon Ami turned out very pretty. Love the lace you put around it. So, I guess it was worth every second you spent on it (((o:
And, I see you had a great time!

Lori kirjoitti...

What a fun, busy and prosperous week! Great projects!

Karen kirjoitti...

Anything but bored!!!!!!

So much to look at and so beautiful! I just love the lace around Mon Ami. You have been very busy, your blocks are excellent! Now, I must start at the top and take it all in again!

Irma kirjoitti...

Kiitos kannustuksesta:))

Vivian kirjoitti...

I certainly was not bored. I enjoyed all your photos, all your projects, and all your stories.
I put my Dear Jane blocks away many weeks ago. They seemed to take all of my time and I was not getting anything else done. I'm anxious to get them out again some day.

I like your color choices for your Civil War blocks. I've gotten behind on mine--again.
All your projects are lovely!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I love your Mon Ami, the lace is great. The other blocks are beautiful. You have been busy.