Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 28. helmikuuta 2011

CWD: Flag of Truce

I'm closing this month with Susie King Taylor's note. She wrote February 28, 1865

The remainder of the regiment was ordered to Charleston, as there were signs of the rebels evacuating that city. Leaving Cole Island, we arrived in Charleston between nine and ten o'clock in the morning, and found the "rebs" had set fire to the city and fled, leaving women and children behind to suffer and perish in the flames. The fire had been burning fiercely for a day and night. When we landed, under a flag of truce, our regiment went to work assisting the citizens in subduing the flames. It was a terrible scene. --- (quote from Civil War Diary Quilt / R. Youngs)

This must be a sign to me... to forget CWD blocks for a while,
because
I heard a loud sound of wonky blues, when I finished..

Block 102. Flag of Truce
(quite suitable name for this block... I think)

I know I should have foundation piece it,
but I wanted to try - once again - sewing those nice;) 3/4" stripes together.
I have to learn how to cope with them... maybe next time... 15th of April...
Well, now I'll wave the white flag of ...

... and dissappear for a while with my CWD blocks.

I'll be back 1st of April with two new blocks: number 23 and 95
---if I only figure out how I'll sew Catherine Island block ---

Special greetings to Elin;)
I know you must be eager to sew some CWD blocks;)

5 kommenttia:

Irma kirjoitti...

Uusi bloggerpohjasi on kaunis:)

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

You have been so incredibly creative, Satu! i can't believe, all the things you got done! And so much loveliness!
BTW I love the big pin cushion you made! Gorgeous.

Karen kirjoitti...

A wonderful block Satu!

Cattinka kirjoitti...

This block looks very complicated to me. Congratulation on how many blocks you made already, the quilt is really starting to look very good.
KATRIN W.

Elin kirjoitti...

Oh my dear, yes, I have to make some blocks now, thank you for pushing me......!