Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 13. maaliskuuta 2011

Back to normal...

This morning (Sunday and I don't have to go anywhere) I got quite normal photo of our sewing room.
And - you know - it felt heavenly...
I think also Fenix enjoyed the sound of Bernina... on his ironing board...

Natalie Bird's Tis the Season -quilt is our Stitch-a-long project in this year. SAL is organized by Chookyblue. March is our first month and there is 13 blocks; the goal is to stitch and frame all blocks till September. So it will be finished early before Christmas;)
I'm using mainly Moda 3 Sisters Glace fabrics and thread is Atalie's 6 stranded hand-dyed cotton thread, shade Noël.

....so I reached atleast one 'Fixed Star'...;)


The other project in this morning was one more block for 1880's Sampler - #6 Four Anchors.

Although these blocks (=patches) are so small, they all have been very easy to make. Every week Cheryl gives us so good instructions that sewing them is just pure joy!

... maybe I leave the sewing room now...
... and concentrate to the other projects for the rest of the Sunda
y... there seems to be few...




...although my thougths are partly in Japan... what shall happen next in this world...


... with deep sigh I wish you
Creative Sunday!

5 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I had to laugh when I saw Fenix on the ironing board. It's great to have a Sunday like you have. It's terrible what happened in Japan, I hope for them that it will be over now.

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Seeing Fenix on the ironing board gave me a good laugh! Your embroidered blocks are lovely. Glace is one of my favorite Christmas fabric lines from Moda. And your new block is so perfect~good job.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

I like to see Fenix on the ironing board, he is just like my tom cat, he would do exactly the same. Isn´t it nice to have the pets company while sewing? I like what you created this week, you are such a creative woman.
KATRIN W.

Chookyblue...... kirjoitti...

love al your sewing projects Satu.....

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Just LOVE the thread you used for your SAL! I better get working on mine.