Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 15. huhtikuuta 2011

CWD: Death Penalty

April 15, 1863 Eldress Nancy E. Moore wrote in her diary

A note taken from the Louisville Daily of April 14, Tuesday - General Burnside who has the first command over Indiana and Kentucky has issued a general order pronouncing the penalty of death oa all persons found quilty of aiding the rebels. Persons sympathizing with the rebels, will be arrested and tried or sent beyond our lines. (quote from the book - CWD quilt by R. Youngs)


Block 23. Death Penalty

April 15, 2011 I wrote to my CWDQuilt journal

I wasn't in the mood for sewing tonight - at all.
And seeing the pattern of next CWD didn't make me feel any better. I was really tired - and still I am - while sewing the block. And I was all the time scared... would it be a dissaster... there are narrow stripes again... I foundation pieced almost whole the block, despite those flying geeses with narrow stripes.

Afterall the result is more than "success;)" when I'm considering my mojo.
Hopefully I'll be more spirited tomorrow!!!

1 kommentti:

Karen kirjoitti...

Another beauty!!!