Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 5. kesäkuuta 2011

CWD: Troops Arriving

Delightful Sunday to every one...

... here's first greeting from My Whimsical Garden!

It's pattern from PIECE O' CAKE DESIGNS.

But now to the time of Civil War in America...

June 5, 1861 Hannah Walton Sanders wrote in her diary

A beautiful day. Planted sunflowers seed in the Island. Planted tomatoes, also wrote to Kitty. Heard that a great many of Lincoln's troops coming up the Kanhaway to get possession of the road. I don't believe it. (quote from Civil War Diary Quilt written by R. Youngs)

Block 30. Troops Arriving

I wasn't thinking too much, while I sewed this block... If you look closer, you'll find a little stupid mistake there on one pink stripe. But I won't redo it, because I have only one tiny piece of pink fabric left. So I must now think that fault is only spice of my Q - life;)

I'm happy you joined and read this tale;)

HAVE A LOVELY WEEK!!!

4 kommenttia:

TilkkuSatu kirjoitti...

Aivan ihania nuo Piece O´Caken mallit :))

Karen kirjoitti...

I LOVE your little garden quilt! So tweet!!! :)

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Satu, I LOVE your whimsical garden block. Very pretty and very secure work! Look forward to see the next one (o:

Robin kirjoitti...

Ooo! I look forward to seeing more Whimsical Garden blocks-- your first is so cute!