Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 13. heinäkuuta 2013

Chain, Chain, Chain...

... I might be weak, yeah...

Aurifil's Designer of July is Laurie Simpson
and the rock and roll song that inspired her quilt block is Aretha Franklin's Chain Of Fools.

Last time I wrote my addiction of BOMs, so what can be the best way to heal than do a BOM block;o)
and this is the funniest part of this tale...
When I looked for a color theme (= a new precious stone) for my block, I found out that amethyst is a perfect power stone to have when you fight against dependencies!
So I hurried up to my stash boxes searching for fabrics from lavender to purple...

First I found this really deep purple flower print...
and look! It's a fabric by Minick & Simpson!

... chain, chain, chain...
My doctor said, "Take it easy"...

I followed the order of song's doctor, so I took easy...

... and I hand pieced the block - all other parts except cream-colored corner pieces, which I sewed by machine. It was my first time to hand piece such a large block, 12" x 12" finished.

... chain, chain, chain...

After very relaxing hand sewing moments...

...here's my amethyst-colored Chained Star!

By the way amethyst is also believed to repel a negativity and create a peaceful environment. I think the amethyst block is definitely a splendid addition for my precious stone quilt!

1. Emerald, 2. Ruby, 3. Amethyst, 4. Yellow diamond, 5. Peridot, 6. Alexandrite and 7. Amethyst.

... chain, chain, chain...
oh, what a catchy song!

Song-filled Sunday!!!

2 kommenttia:

Irma kirjoitti...

Upeat värit!

Turid kirjoitti...

Pretty blocks! A good idea to make a stone quilt. I have not made my July block yet.