Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 28. marraskuuta 2013

CWD: John Morgan

November 28, 1863: 15 years old Cora Owens Hume wrote in her diary

- Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah! I feel like I want to be somewhere that I can scream as loud as I can. I think I will get into the cellar and then no Yankee can hear me. Yes, Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah, for John Morgan and six of his men have escaped from prison. They dug through the floor in some way. - quote from Civil War Diary Quilt written by R. Youngs

Today's block is John Morgan. It's an easy one;o)
I wrote down some of the cutting instructions. You can see them in the adjacent photo.

 63. John Morgan

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!!!
- although here in Finland we do not spend it...

2 kommenttia:

Maria kirjoitti...

I did not know that block had a name, and what an interesting story ! It looks very effective, Satu :-)

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Vasta nyt huomasin, että nuo CW-diaryn päivämäärät ovat tismalleen 150 vuotta sitten! Aika jännää!