Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 18. joulukuuta 2013

Celtic Solstice - Part 3

This week the speed in Celtic Solstice Mystery has been more peaceful than the past two weeks...

We cut orange and yellow squares to make - only - 200 Half Square Triangle units.

My squares were 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", because I like to sew HST's little bit bigger than is needed. That way - with little bit trimming - my HST's are precisely the right size: 2" x 2". I know there is faster ways doing this... but this is the way, which fits me better;o)

Out of HST units we sewed 25 pinwheels and the other 100 HSTs are just single ones....

... Bonnie has shown us the photos of tiled floors of Christ Church in Ireland. They have inspired her doing this mystery quilt. I also took out my photos from Ireland. I was there in summer 2004... nearly ten years ago... where all this time disappears???

The result... three weeks of 'hard' work... ok, not so hard... I have still 30 HST units, which are not trimmed! But you see, I have no hurry in this week;D

I hardly can wait Bonnie's next clue... but before that I'll go and see the progress of other quilters, here.
Hugs, Smiles And Warm Fuzzy Feelings
to every one;o)

3 kommenttia:

Irma kirjoitti...

Kivoja värejä, pirteää tulossa:)

suzeblack kirjoitti...

You have been very busy Satu! Hope you have had some snow to brighten up your Christmas. Very hot here, around 40 degrees today...good weather to stay inside and sew :)

Vireya kirjoitti...

Beautiful! I love the way you have arranged the blocks.