Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 8. joulukuuta 2013

Good Vibrations!

Niin se - lähes - vuosi mennä tupsahti jonnekin...
... and it's time to say goodbye to 2013 Aurifil Designer BOM, snif!

December's designer is Pat Sloan, the hostess of this BOM. She was inspired by Beach Boys song 'Good Vibrations'... I think it's perfect name for this block... at least I get a good vibrations, when I see a star block ;o)... any kind of star!

I had many months ago decided that the last block's colors are chose after labradorite (known as spectrolite in Finland). WHY? Because it is the most mined precious stone in Finland and it has gained international fame as a beautiful, multi-colored color, gray to black. On the stone's surface can be seen the colors of the rainbow, mostly green and blue colors.

My weak point -
ok, one of my weak point - is those Basic Grey's Grunge fabrics, for the star points I used black Grunge. I don't know how well you see the shades of blue and grey on the fabric's surface... but I tried to imitate as well as possible the play of colors, just like they play on the surface of spectrolite. Hmmm... I would like to have a whole quilt made of these kind of blocks... a great block pattern and lovely colors! Unfortunately - or luckily - I don't have enough those fabrics...

By the way labradorite is known to calm your overactive mind and bring forth new ideas! ;o)


Now it's time to think about a layout of the blocks...
Here's the 'original' setting... maybe not a final... the colors are unbalanced.

... this needs a loooooong thought and a good cup of coffee;o)

Happy week!

3 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Oi, olet saanut jalokivikokoelmasi valmiiksi! Ihania kaikki :D Spektroliittiahan louhitaan meidän kotipaikkojemme väliltä, kaunis kivi ja kauniisti olet saanut sen sävyt blokkiisi! Mielenkiinnolla jään odottelemaan, miten yhdistät jalokivesi!

Cattinka kirjoitti...

I like the new block, and all of them together look really nice!
KATRIN W.

Tilkkureppu kirjoitti...

Upealta näyttävät kaikki blokit ja jään myös mielenkiinnolla odottelemaan...
Mullakaan ei bloggeri ei ole päivittänyt postauksiasi, kun vasta nyt.
Olet sinä kyllä ahkera, tuo miniblokki, on siinä tekemistä ja nuo kissablokit, aivan ihania!